Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 113
- XML “Man Pierced by Eagle's Claws”
- XML “Drink Out of Bog-Hole”
- XML “Hare Jumps into Man's Mouth”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)weak because the lizard was eating all he was eating he was nearly dead. At last he went to the doctor and the doctor told him to wait within in a special room and not to eat or drink anything but salty meat. The doctor (also) told him after a week to wait over a well and he did. The lizard came up and out into the well with nine young lizards after her. When they had enough drank the old lizard wanted to go into his mouth again. Belief: a lizard would jump into your mouth if he got a chance. M O'C.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a man was out working on a road and he got very thirsty. He went to an old bog-hole and drank some water. When he went home he got very sick and he had to be sent to hospital. When he went to hospital he had an operation and they took a big eel out of his belly. The eel was made from a rib of hair out of a mad dog. When the man came home after being alright he went to the place he got the drink of water and he found an old dog in it that was buried a long time. (Eels are not eaten by the people here, as they believe they are formed (some eels at least) from the hair of animals such as the horse, dog or cow).Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One day a man was out shooting and he had a dog with him. After a while he got tired and he lay down to rest himself. The dog was searching for a hare. At last the dog rose a hare and followed him until he came to the man. All(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.