Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 125
- XML “Ploughman and the Gold 2”
- XML “Servant Blaming Adam”
- XML “The Fiddler and the Minister”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)the other man that he saw the pot of gold. When he had his dinner eaten he was to go out to get the pot of gold. When he went out he saw an old woman running away with the gold.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a rich man had a servant & the servant used to be always cursing Adam & Eve. The rich man asked the servant why was he always cursing Adam & Eve & the servant said but for them he would not have to work.The rich man told his other servant to get a mouse & they did. The man put the mouse under a basin & told the servant that if he would not let go what was under the basin until he (the rich man) would come back, that he would never have to work again. When the rich man was gone the servant went to the dish & when he rose up the dish the mouse ran away. When the lord came back he told the servant that he would have to work hard for the rest of his life. He told him not to be cursing Adam & Eve any more because he did not do what he was told no more than Adam & Eve. The servant used to be always saying to himself after that "Oh hadn't I the bad luck, oh hadn't I the bad luck".Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Martain Ó Braonáin
- One time there was a man who used to be always out shooting in a minister's land + the minister did not like it. One day he was out shooting + he met a(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.