Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 58
- XML (no title)
- XML “The Fox and the Hedgehog”
- XML “The Fox Caught Stealing Geese”
- XML “The Fox and the Fish”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)ning before Fr Sweeney was hanged some people from Newport were crossing a river and noticed a dead fish floating down with the current.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a fox and a hedgehog met and they agreed to have a strive. In drills of potatoes they were running & there was two hedgehogs in it. When the fox would start running one of the hedgehogs would be at each end of the drill & he was always defeated, because when he would run up the hedgehog at the end above would be before him & when he would run down the one at the end below would be before him.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a fox went into a stable and killed all the geese but he could not get out. He waited there until morning and the man of the house came out. The fox pretended to be dead and lied down among the geese. When the man came in he said mo sheacht mallacht ar an sionnach bradach. He caught the fox and fired him out the door with great vexation. When the fox got outside he ran off as tight as he could. From that on the man looked well at a thing before he would do anything with it.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a fox was on the road and he seen a man(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin