Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Leitre
- XML Page 094
- XML “Lucht Siúil”
- XML “Luibheanna agus Craobhanna”
- XML “Tithe na Seanaimsire”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)then he used to get up early and go offf to mass.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The people bring a lot of things into the house on certain days of the year. The branches they bring in are. They bring in holly for Christmas and sometimes laurel. They bring in Blessed Palm on Palm Sunday. On Whit Sunday they bring a bottle of Holy Water home from the Chapel. There is a Blessed Well near this school. Long ago the people used to come to this well for Holy Water. They used to wash their eyes in it also. It is called "Tobar na Suil"Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Long ago the houses were not very large like they are nowadays. There was only two rooms and a kitchen in every house. Some people used to make the place of a bed out from the side wall of the house in the olden times. That was mostly done in County Mayo. All the houses long ago used(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.