Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)of stone it was erected by the Williamstown club of New York James Hanley president July 1921.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- The Local Forge, 20/9/38
There are three forges in Williamstown. Pat the Loughlin owns one and is building another in Williamstown, and Patsy Yanby owns another. It in near a crossroads. It is roofed with slates. Here are what they use a sledge, a bullous, a paneers, a rasp. He makes ploughs and springs tooths and fixes them. When he is putting tyres on wheels he gool out side. This is how goes it he puts a tyre on the ground and he builds it with turf and then he fits it, then he puts the tyre on the wheel and he, hammers it and then he puts water on it and he leanes it so then. Pat Mac Loughlin’s father was a blacksmith.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.