Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. When the Western sky is red that is a sign of wind.
2. When the crows and swallows fly high that is a sign of good weather and when they fly low that is a sign of bad weather.
3. When the hill of Abbey looks near the is a sign of bad weather and when it looks far away it is a sign of good weather.
4. When you hear the train coming into Ballinglough which is five miles away that is a sign of rain.
5. When the old men's corns are sore that is sign of rain.
6. when there is a blue blaze in the fire that is a sign of rain and when there is a white blaze in the fire that is a sign of snow.
7. When the dog eats grass that is a sign of good weather and when he drinks water out of a spring that is a sign of bad weather.
8. when the frogs come into the house in the winter that is a sign of rain and when they come into the(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.