Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. A car went up to Dublin and there wasn't a single one in it.
They were all married.
2. As round as an apple as flat as a pan one side a woman the other a man.
3. What goes away above the ground and returns under it.
A man with sods on his head.
4. What goes round the wood and round the wood and never enters the wood.
The bark of a tree
5. Black and white and read all over.
6. I have a small and round house and it is full of meat but has no doors or windows to let me in to eat.
7. Its deep its damp its green over bank its fit for lord or lady.
8. What sone half of the moon like.
Life the other half
9. What goes behind time.
The back of a clock.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.