School: Carraigíní (roll number 11693)

Carrigans Lower, Co. Sligo
Thos. Mc Gettrick
The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0184, Page 0210

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0184, Page 0210

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD.

See copyright details.


Open data

Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

  1. XML School: Carraigíní
  2. XML Page 0210
  3. XML “The Old Graveyards”
  4. XML “The Old Graveyards”

Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.

On this page

  1. There is an old graveyard in Kilmorgan. People are still being buried in it. The ruins of Kilmorgan Church are still to be seen in it. There is a stone about three feet in height in the graveyard. The figures 1694 are marked on it.
    Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
  2. There are four graveyards in the parish namely:- St. Columbus in Carrowananty. The old Abbey of Ballymore, Kilmorgan and the Protestant Churchyard in Emlaghfad and all in the parish of Emlaghfad.
    There is a ruin in the old Abbey and also one in Emlaghfad. The graveyard in Emlaghfad was
    (continues on next page)
    Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
    1. objects
      1. man-made structures
        1. historical and commemorative structures (~6,794)
          1. graveyards (~2,501)
    Folktales index
    AT0990: The Seemingly Dead Revives
    Rosie Scanlon
    Carrigans Lower, Co. Sligo