Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Drom Clúmhach (Dromclogh)
- XML Page 437
- XML “Scéalta - Lord Inchiquin”
- XML “Scéalta - A Farmer Sings a Song”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)her family after her.
Then the well started springing up until it became a lake. Soon it covered all the man's land and his house and everything in the land. After that he had to go away and he never again saw his home.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Some time ago there lived a married couple. John was the man's name and Mary was the woman's name. They were very poor as their whole living depended on one cow. Now, it happened that a demand came for the rent and they had no money to pay. So they decided to sell the cow.
John set off for the fair. On reaching the fair he met a buyer. "How much do you want for the cow?" asked the buyer. "In one word, take her or leave her, twelve pounds," said John. The buyer saw that the cow was worth the money so he paid John the twelve pounds and asked him to hold the cow until he himself would return as he had some further(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.