Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Cill Mhuire, Sráid na Cathrach
- XML Page 588
- XML “Fireside Stories - The King's Servant”
- XML “The King's Daughter”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)his mother in the fire. Then the girl got married to the man that saved her and they lived happy ever afterwards.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Once upon a time there lived a king who had only one daughter. Her mother died when she was very young and her father put her into a castle and got a nurse to mind her. One day when she was sitting near a window upstairs the ground was covered with snow, and she saw a black crow drinking blood off the snow. She called her nurse and asked her was there a man with hair as black as the crow, skin as white as the snow and cheeks as red as the blood. The nurse told her that every seven years three boys, come playing hurling in that field near the castle and after to-morrow they will come. The girl went upstairs and was watching the boys playing. One of the boys struck the ball and put it into the castle. Then the boys saw the girl and asked the ball of her, and after a while(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Anna Shanahan