Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Lower Warren
- XML Page 233
- XML “Fox Gets Rid of Fleas”
- XML “The Seven Soupers”
- XML “Mr Temple's Dogs Graveyard”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- When the Fox wants to get rid of fleas he gets he takes a piece of moss in his mouth. Then he goes to a drain and puts his tail into the water. When the fleas feel the water they keep going in front of it. The Fox keeps going down and at last the fleas go into the moss. Then all of a sudden the fox jumps up and away with himself leaving the fleas and moss behind him in the drain.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- In olden times Mr. Temple of Waterstown had seven people employed for giving soup to the poor people on certain days of the week. The names of those seven people were Peg Wig, and Moll Doyle, Ester Boyle, Hannah Potter, Susan Lee, Mary Halfpenny and Katty McGee.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mr Temple had a graveyard for burying dogs. Once upon a time he got a doctor where he had a dog sick thinking he(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.