Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Enfield
- XML Page 006
- XML “A Cure for a Pain in Your Ear”
- XML “A Cure for Whooping Cough”
- XML “A Cure for a Sore Throat”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- First get an onion and roast it. When it is roasted, peel it and put the heart of the onion in cotton-wool. Then put castor-oil on the wool, and put this on the person's ear, as hot as he can bear it. Do this for three night's in succession and the pain will go away.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- A cure for whooping cough is to ask the first man you see riding a white horse what cure he advises you to give. You give whatever he suggests to the person who has the whooping cough and the person will get better.
Another cure for whooping cough is to ask any two married people of the woman's maiden name for a cure, and whatever they say to give, give it to the person and the person will get better.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- A cure for a sore throat is to get two peices of flannel cloth and sew them together. Then put course salt in the middle of the flannel cloth. Then warm it and pout it around the(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.