Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: An Chathair Gharbh
- XML Page 340
- XML “Mark Where a Duel Was Fought”
- XML “Máire Ní Mhurchadha”
- XML (no title)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)and they were both Ó Sullivan's. This is how it began: - There was a fair in Eyries and the uncle and nephew were together selling cattle. In the evening they were going home and there was a public house in the way and they went into it. On their journey home they got drunk and and a big argument arose between them They got two pistols and marked out a certain distance. Then they both fired and the uncle shot the nephew.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One night a priest went on a sick call in Glen Mór and on his return he was surrounded by a big mob of fairies who wanted to stop his horse and harm him. Máire Ní Murchadha saved him but he had to promise her that he would never talk about her in the public.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Tadhg Leháin
- Long ago a man was dying and he called his wife and asked her for one request. She was a woman that was not pleased with but she said that she would do what she wanted. He told her to bring in a big stone. She did it and when she came in he told her to sit down on it until he would tell her get up. She was not long sitting down when she fell dead. He said that if she didn't die she would be married again in three weeks.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.