Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Gurrane (B.)
- XML Page 198
- XML “Pain in the Head or Side”
- XML “Nettle Sting”
- XML “Burns and Scalds”
- XML “Sprains and Fractures”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)matter such as hayseed, bits of dirt etc can be driven out in the same way.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- If you get stung by a nettle rub in the juice of a pennyleaf or a dock leaf and either will kill the pain.Rub iodine of the part stung.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- 1. Put a pinch of soda on the burn immediately after it has happened. The rub soap on the soda.
2 Put the white of an egg on the burn and bind a cloth round the burn so as to keep on the white of the egg. There is great cure in the white of an egg. It is good if one is sick and people always take it.
White of an egg also cures vomiting.
3. Heated goosegrease is a very good cure for Burns, Scalds, Sprains, Swellings of any kind, and in fact for almost anything provided there is not an open wound. The affected part must be held near the fire after the goosegrease has been put on.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- If you suspected that a finger, hand, ankle etc were broken pour water on the break or sprain. If the affected part dries up quickly it is a sure sign(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.