School: Cloonlyon G. (roll number 12937)

Cluain Laighean, Co. Mhaigh Eo
Annie Burke
The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0116, Page 215

Archival Reference

The Schools’ Collection, Volume 0116, Page 215

Image and data © National Folklore Collection, UCD.

See copyright details.


Open data

Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)

  1. XML School: Cloonlyon G.
  2. XML Page 215
  3. XML “From 800 to Anglo-Norman Invasion”
  4. XML “Annals of Four Masters”

Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.

On this page

  1. The Annals of 4 Masters were begun 29 Jan 1632 & finished 11 Aug, 1636.
    They were composed in Francis. Friary on the shores of Donegal Bay
    It took 10 yrs to collect all subject matter & the task was undertaken to preserve the history of Ireland before it was lost for ever
    Gergal OGara whose name is given to L. Gara outside Ballagha
    Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.