Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Garrdha
- XML Leathanach 0056
- XML “Seancheirdeanna - Basket-Making”
- XML “Seancheirdeanna - Candle-Making”
- XML “Seancheirdeanna - Thatching”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)basket they would stick some salley switches down in the ground and put more in and out between them until they would have the basket made. They used to use them for picking potatoes.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Some time ago the old people used to get a bundle of rushes from the bog the day before the twelfth night to make candles of them. They would heat them well before they would peel them. They would melt candle grease and put it on every one of them. There they would get a lid of a box and throw twelve drops of candle grease around on the lid of the box to hold the candles on. They used to put a candle in each of the drops. Thats what they used to have for the twelfth night.
The people used to make candles out of rushes. At first they used to take off of the green stuff that was on the outside of the rushes and put grease on the inside of it.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- John Murrough Ballinastack, used to thatch all the houses around. His wages were 5/. a day. The man for whom he used to thatch used to draw the straw and ready it for thatching. He used(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.