Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Naomh Pádraig (B.), Dún Mánmhaí
- XML Leathanach 002
- XML “Tanning Industry in Dunmanway”
- XML “Mass Rocks”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- This industry is 200 years old. The first owners were planters names Wright. A man named Brennan was the first currier. It took at first nine months to tan a hide and the bark was taken off the oak for tanning purposes. About thirty-five hides were tanned together and about twenty men were employed.
The feet of the hide were all cut off except one
The horns were sent to Bristol to make combs and the hoofs were also sent to England to make glue.
At present only one man is employed and tanning by the old system is carried on.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- 1 One at Dromleena - The field is called Paírc an t-Sagairt.
2. One at Gort-na-Malach. An ancient candle stick was found there.
3. One at Beách-GulláinTras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.