Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: N. Peadair, Caisleán an Bharraigh
- XML Page 503
- XML “Old Trades - Coopers”
- XML “Old Trades - Nails”
- XML “Old Trades - Fishing”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)gone by they used to make ordinary dash churns like we have now-a-days. There were several coopers in Castlebar, and they all used to make tubs and churns and barrells but Cooper O'Conner was the most important of them.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- About 10 or 15 years ago there lived a family of McGraels in New-Antrim Street, Castlebar who used to make nails, the nails that times were made out of iron the same as now-a-days.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- A good many long years ago in the time of my Grandfather, there used to be no fishing only teeming(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.