Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Naomh Seosamh, Baile an Ruadháin
- XML Page 348
- XML “Tailors”
- XML “How Soap Was Made Long Ago”
- XML “How Twine Was Made Long Ago”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)district long ago. They used to go around to the houses and make the clothes. They made linen shirts.
Linen fabric were originally white, but of that dingy colour which you may see in coarse linen.
They are afterwards whitened by a process which is called bleaching.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Soap was made from tallow long ago. They got the tallow from the cow and the sheep. They roasted it. They roasted kelp also and mixed it through lime.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Twine was made from flax long ago. Flax is an annual plant, bearing pretty blue flowers; A field of flax(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.