Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: St Davaddog's, Tamney
- XML Page 483
- XML “The Murder of Lord Leitrim”
- XML “Stories of Lord Leitrim himself”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- There was a school built over in Ballyhurk another in Tullyconnal there was a master Dougherty from Ballyherin teaching in them from time to time they schools were built on Lord leitrims land. when he heard of them he and his men came and burned them down to the ground.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mary Ann Gibbons
- There was a man the name of Heraghty who shot Lord Leitrim. he was taken to Lifford jail and was kept there. A friend of his who was a priest he passed a bill in Parliament to get him out of jail. The got him out and send him on a ship to America. he stayed there and a few weeks after he went away. The said he died in Lifford jail with faiver. the took him down in a coffin to massmount and buiried it. the were up to ten hundred people boys & girls at the funeral. he was not in the coffin atall. He died some time after.Stories of Lord Leitrim himself.Lord Leitrim was a very cruel man he would put people out of their own houses and kept(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.