Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Cill Tártáin
- XML Leathanach 0048
- XML “Festival Customs”
- XML “Festival Customs - The Twelfth Night”
- XML “Festival Customs - May Day”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)custom handed down to the people from their forefathers.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- On the Twelfth night the people light twelve candles but we light twelve rushes. We get them growing in a bog. We pull them and bring them home. When they are dry we peel them; then we steep them in grease, stick them to a board and light them. We point out one for each member of the family and say that the person's candle that would quench the first indicates that, that person would die the first. We say that the candle that would quench the last indicates that the person would die the last and that the Robin would bury him.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- On the 1st of May every year the farmers of this Parish do not work in the clay, because they fear that some accident would happen if they did.
A long time ago a certain man of the Parish went out ploughing on the 1st of May and it is(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.