Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Baile 'n tSléibhe (B.)
- XML Leathanach 149
- XML “New Year's Night - The Night of New Year's Day”
- XML “The Feast of the Epiphany”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- A large log of timber or block from a neighbouring bog was burned in the kitchen fire. This was called the "Night of the Blocks".Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Twelve rushes were obtained and steeped in grease. Cow dung was then obtained and flattened out on a board. The twelve candles were then stuck in the cow dung and lighted. This was done about 10.00 pm. All knelt and said the rosary. The cake was preserved and put under the cows’ heads in the manger on the morning of 1st May. It was supposed to ward off disease among the cows.The candles are still used but are the ordinary coloured candles. They are placed on a board and after being lighted - the rosary is said. The ceremony on 1st May however is discontinued .
The material boiled in new milk was considered a cure for kidney trouble.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.