Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Maoilinn (B.), Áth Treasna
- XML Leathanach 067
- XML “Cures for Certain Diseases - The Brosna Plaster or the Brosna Ointment”
- XML “Cures for Certain Diseases - Jaundice”
- XML “Cures for Certain Diseases - Buttermilk”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- The Brosna Plaster or the Brosna Ointment is an ointment of a dark green colour and is invaluable for all kinds of sores, cuts, burns, boils etc whitlow or any other bruise which is hard to heal. The secret of the preparation of this ointment is closely guarded by the people who make it. The name is Moriarty of Brosna in the County of Kerry.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Jaundice. People do not like to give many cures and this one for jaundice is one which people are very loathe to give. The following is considered to be the only local cure:-
Nine worms are dug up fresh in the early morning and are put into a sáspan containing some new milk and set to boil. They are allowed to boil for some time and are then strained. The worms are then thrown away and the boiled milk is given to the person to drink. The above preparation is continued for nine mornings in succession - the worms being collected fresh each morning. Porter may be substituted for the new milk but the latter is more commonly used.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Buttermilk is most valuable for health and it is said to cure many internal ailments especially of the stomach.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.