Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. Addtions are never put on houses towards the West (Faro Saar) as the fairies pass that side every night.
2. Whitethorn bushes must not be disturbed even to make room for building; the fairies shelter under them.
3. If a man dies out in the open such as along a road, people throw stones on the spot as they pass along. No longer practised.
4. If one goes astray at night he should turn his coat or cap inside out and he will recognise the way.
5. If a swan flies over a house someone in the house will get sick before long.
6. If a coal falls off the fire of its own accord, a visitor will soon come to the house.
7. Never give the butter of the first churning without money.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.