Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- Patron of this parish of Ballindoon, Baile an Dúin, the townland of the dun or fort.The well of the seven daughters is still to be seen on the west side of the hill of Doon. It is called in Irish, Tobar na Seacht n-Ingean, no na seacht mBan Naomh; the well of the seven daughters, or the seven female saints.
Sline Head is universally called Ceann Léime by the natives of Iar. Connaught.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- Now called Inis Lachan, or Duck Island. It lies in the ocean, opposite the townland of Ballynaleame, of which it forms a part.
The ruins of the chapel of St Caillin are still to be seen here and near them is a holy well. On this wild point of Ballynaleame there lived for many years a valued friend and relative of the Editor, the late Robert Coneys, Esq, whose stormy habitation may be seen marked on Larkin's large and small maps of the county of Galway. This gentleman held all the Ballinaleame including Duck Island at twenty shillings yearly rent. Before the erection of the light houses at Slyne Head, in A.D 1836 he saved many lives from shipwreck, and his humanity was often rewarded by "windfalls" as flotsam and jetsam are, familiarly termed in Conamara;(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.