Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. When the swallows fly low rain is approaching
2. When the swallows fly high fine weather is to be expected3. When the crows fly in "rings" a storm is near
4. It is a sign of storm to hear the sea birds screeching and to see them flying inland5. If the robins go into the house a snowstorm is near
6. The sheep gather into valleys when a storm is approaching7. If rain falls on St. Swithen's day it will rain every day for forty days8. If the hills are visible in the distance this a sign of fine weather
9. If a cow is seen on the top of a mountain fine weather may be expected10. It is a sign of good weather to hear the crickits singing
11. Good weather may be expected if the bees are humming12. A rainbow in the morning indicates a storm a rainbow in the evening is a sign of fine weather13. If the moon has a ring around it this is a sign of bad weather14. White fleecy clouds are a sign of fine weather15. The local believe is, if a farmer has an extra heavy(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.