Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML Scoil: Poll Réamoinn (Cailíní)
- XML Leathanach 351
- XML “The Care of the Feet”
- XML “Clothes Made Locally”
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- (ar lean ón leathanach roimhe)year for a pair of shoes. Clogs were worn too and yet some still wear them. There are not so many shoemakers now as there were long ago on account of the factories.Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.
- At the present day clothes are not made locally neither is there any tailor in the district. In the Leatra District there is one whose name is James Knight. There were two tailors in the neighbourhood whose names were Martin Knight and Tom Fanion. In those days they went from house to house making clothes for the people . In some houses they remained a week. They made clothes very cheap but while they were making them they had to get their food free. The tailors never stocked cloth. Long ago the men's coats were made from wool which was woven by a weaver. It was worn white and was very warm. First the wool was teased and carded into rolls. It was carded by the means of "Carders" which were wire brushes. It was then spun and wound in balls. Then this was sent to the weaver and (is) woven into material.
One night there were three(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.