Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)19. A small house well fielded a small farm well tilled and a small man well skilled.
20. Don't overload or overdrive.
21. Too late to spare when all is spent.
22. Work while you work, play while you play that is the way to be happy and gay.
23. When the rain is over the sun shines and rain comes after.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- In almost every house there is a churn. There are two kinds of churns an "ordinary" one and a "twisting" one. The "ordinary" one is three feet high. It is wide in the bottom and the top. At the "cashuo" which is the waist of the churn it is narrow. Its utensils are the churn-dash, dasher, print, two butter spades, lid and a wooden dish. The "twisting" one has the shape of a barrel and others are square. Its parts are the lid, handle, and dash. Its sides are round but the ordinary ones are straight. The butter is made twice a week in Summer and once a week in Winter.
The woman of the house makes the churning and if any stranger comes in while its being made he remains within keep sin making it. It is said that the butter wouldn't be lucky if such wouldn't(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.