Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 94
- XML “The Seal Changes into a Woman”
- XML “Woman at Confession”
- XML “The Boy and the Priest”
- XML “Priest and Watch”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)going to cross when a man came on him and killed him and the O’Dowds never had luck. This all happened in Co. Sligo.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a woman stole a turkey and it was from a priest she stole him. She went to Confession and told the priest that she would give the turkey to him. The priest said "Oh do not give him to me, give him to the owner". The woman said she offered him to the owner and he would not take him. The priest told her to cut the head off him and to put him down in the pot and eat him and so she did.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- one time a boy went to Confession and the priest was telling him things about God. The priest told him that God was everywhere. The boy said 'is God in my pocket' the priest said he is. the boy said then I have you caught there because I have no pockets"Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One time there was a man + he had a watch, so what did another man do but steal the watch from him. When that man went to Confession he told the priest that he stole a watch. The priest told him to give back the watch but the man would not do that but he gave it to the priest to give to the man. The priest went next day + gave the watch to the owner. It is said the owner was a bad man + when he got the(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.