Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- 1. A person should not put out ashes on New Year's Day.
2. Lucky to receive money New Year's Day.
3. A person should not give credit the first Monday in New Year.
4. A person shouldn't give milk on 1st May.
5. Lucky for house if a man comes in to a house (first) on New Years Day.
6. If a person were going to a fair of wedding etc he should turn if he meets a red haired woman
7. A person who is getting married will be lucky if he meets a man on horseback
8. "Happy is th Bride whom th sun shines on"
Happy is th corpse th rain falls on.
9. If a person meets a funeral he should always turn and walk those steps back with it.
10. A person should never go to live in a new house except on Friday.
11. A person should never give out live coals on a monday morning.
12. If a person goes into a house where they are churning he has to twist the churn or the butter wont gather. If the butter doesn't gather they blame something of this sort.
13. When churning the people put a shark(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.