Ar fáil faoin gceadúnas Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
Nóta: Ní fada go mbeidh Comhéadan Feidhmchláir XML dúchas.ie dímholta agus API úrnua cuimsitheach JSON ar fáil. Coimeád súil ar an suíomh seo le haghaidh breis eolais.
Ar an leathanach seo
- On the 13th December 1853 Allen Pollock and his wife Mary Pollock purchased from the Burkes of Glinsk the property known as the Glinsk estate. This included all the land from Ballymoe to the top of Mount Mary and from Aughagad to Ballyhard.
The property was not long in the hands of (Pollocks) the Pollocks until wholesale evictions began. The people were still suffering from the after effects of the famine. They were poor and disorganized and were powerless to resist the activities of the crowbar brigade engaged by the landlord. In turning the country-side into a cattle ranch whole villages were wiped out in the course of a day. Children who left their homes for school in the morning sometimes found their houses levelled to the ground on their return, and the floor being ploughed up in preparation for grass seeds.
Amongst the villages wiped out in this locality were Cuilnacappy, Park, Moneenrue(leanann ar an chéad leathanach eile)Tras-scríofa ag duine dár meitheal tras-scríbhneoirí deonacha.