Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: An Chathair Gharbh
- XML Page 365
- XML “Máire Ní Mhurchadha”
- XML (no title)
- XML “School Excursion”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)in bed was gone. The woman that was saved lived for many years afterwards.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- It is said that there was a witch in Knockoura Hill long ago. Anyone she would meet she would attack and kill them. It is said that a witch cannot go near anything hot. One day a man wanted to pass and he got a piece of iron about six feet long and put it in the fire. When he was passing her she came but could not go near him on account of the iron. In this way he passed and escaped.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Seán C. Ó Súilliobháin
- Concubhar Ó Súilliobháin
- We visited the Druids Altar near Clounaglaskin Cross las Friday. There is a ring of stones there half of which cannot be seen. There are five stones standing in edge which are supposed to have formed pillar stones in the ring. Another stone stands higher than the rest. There is another stone lying across the ring which was supposed to have been standing erect once & is about twelve feet in length. Under the altar is supposed to be an urn. A stone in which Ogham is written is buried in the adjoining field. Ogham was a species(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.