Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 115
- XML “Sick Girl - A Fairy”
- XML “Fairies Detain Man”
- XML “Fairies and Fiddler”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)and said she would get two bundles of straw tomorrow and light her in the bed. But she did not get the chance as she (the girl) was dead the next day.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One night a man was coming home from visiting and he was passing by a fort. He saw the fairies out on the fort with cups and saucers making a feast for themselves. On another night he was going visiting and the fairies caught him and brought him back to their house and would not let him go until after twelve o'clock. When twelve o'clock was over they let him go on condition that he would not disturb them again. When he got his legs (with him) he did not take long going home.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One time there was a man and he was a great fiddle player. So this night he went away and they could not find him anywhere. But one night he came into a man's house and he asked him to give him a bit of wool to finish a stocking he had. The man (of the house) said he would give him thread, but the (visiting) man said he had a wheel and he would spin it himself. When he was leaving he told the man before he would start eating to leave a plate of potatoes and a cup of water on the table for him. At last after a long time one night the man came home. He told his people what had happened to him. He said the fairies stole him away because he was a great player. As long as he would eat his meals from them.(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.