Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 122
- XML “Priests Fond of Money”
- XML “The Waterhorse”
- XML “Barefooted, Red-haired Woman”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- One day some rich people met Our Lord and his apostles and they had a chat on money. ''Well'' said the rich persons to Our Lord ''here are some gold coins and pitch them into that lake''. Our Lord thought it a pity to throw away the lovely coins, so he kept them. Ever since it is said priests and bishops are very fond of money. (Another version of this story says that Our Lord told St Peter to throw some money into a lake. St Peter pretended to do as he was told, but held some of the money).Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One day a man was putting out manure with an ass and creels. He saw a horse along the river. He said to himself ''its too bad for me putting out manure with an ass, and a fine horse there''. He went for the horse and put out the manure with him. One evening he went riding on the horse to give him a drink at the river, but the horse brought him out in the water and he never came in again.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One day a lord and his wife and servant were going on a journey with their horses and chariot. When they were about to start from the gate a red bare-footed woman came along. The servants did not want their masters to go, as meeting the woman was a very un-(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.