Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 97
- XML “Foolish Woman Gets Rich”
- XML “The Evil Woman”
- XML “Dirty Woman and Butter”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)they went up on a tree just like two hens and the door with them. It was not long until some robbers came under the tree counting their money and the man and wife got afraid and what did the woman do but fire down the door. The robbers got frightened and ran away leaving the cisce after them. The man and woman came down from the tree and got the cisce and they were rich for ever.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- There was a woman one time and she used to be working until twelve o'clock every night and then she would disappear and go away. She used to do that every night and no one could see her, and she would not come in until they would be in bed and they would find her in the bed in the morning. This night she went out and she went in to a neighbouring woman. This woman was washing her feet before going to bed and she asked her to come a piece of the way with her. The woman went with her as far as an old ditch. The (visiting) woman disappeared and the other woman came home, and took a pain and was dead in the morning.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- There was a woman one time and she was very dirty. This day her husband was going to have some men working and he told her to be clean this day what ever she would do. So she went cleaning and when she had the churning made she stripped off all and washed her self and then she took out the butter in a basin. Then(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.