Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 65
- XML “The Wolf - Man Kills Wolf”
- XML “Man Kills Wolf (2)”
- XML “The Cat - The Poor Son and the Cat”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)gun. The man asked him if he did not kill him with his gun how would he kill him and he said with a stone. The man asked him if he did not kill him with the stone how would he kill him and he said "with my grandmothers knife". What was the grandmother's knife but a sharp stone that was above on the hill. He went up and got the stone and killed the wolf.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Once upon a time there was a wolf and he lived in a house on the side of a mountain. So one day two men met together and they were talking about the wolf, how would they manage him because they were living very near him. So one man said he had his gun, a grey hound and his 'old grandmother of the North'. As they were in the middle of the conversation who was coming up the road but the wolf. The man attacked with a gun and it failed. Then he hunted the hound and he failed. At last he got his 'Grandmother of the North' which was a very thick knife and he stuck the wolf. The other man was surprised at him for his courage.
Belief: They say the last wolf that was in Ireland was killed at Keerglen. (Ballyeastle)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One time a man had a mill and an ass and a cat. When he was dying he gave the mill to the oldest son, the ass to the second oldest and the cat to the youngest. One day the youngest son was in bed in the kitchen and the fire was(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.