Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 52
- XML “Folk Tales - The Man and the Whiskey”
- XML “Folk Tales - The Boy and the Ass”
- XML “Folk Tales - The Boy and the Goslings”
- XML “Folk Tales - The King and His Sons”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)He had to be carried into the house and could not be let of for a full fortnight. He was nearly dead when he was few days and his parents had no hopes out of him at all. The whiskey was never brought into that house again and when he grew up he never drank a single sip of whiskey during his life.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a boy was driving an ass on the road. The ass was lame + he was beating him + he met a priest. The priest told him not to be beating him that Christ rode on an ass into Jerusalem. The boy said "well Father it would take a long time to go to Jerusalem on this ass."Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a boy was going on a road + he had seven goslings and the old goose. He met a priest + the priest stood up talking to him and asking him Catechism questions. He was answering them all + when the priest said "Good bye" to him, he asked him how many Gods are there. The boy answered "seven + the old one" + he went off. The boy thought it was how many goslings are there that the priest had asked him.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One time a king had three sons & he was getting old & did not know which of them he would leave the crown to. He told them that they would have to go away for seven years and the one that would have his trade lear-(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.