Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 69
- XML “The Dog - Dog Saves Woman from Bull”
- XML “The Dog - Dog Rears Child (2)”
- XML “The Dog - Dog Brings Home Turf”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)knocked her down. The dog came and sat on her breast. Every time the bull would make a charge at the old woman the dog would give him a bite on the nose. At last the owner of the bull came and drove him off. The dog afterwards went mad.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a house fell and all the people were killed but one child. There was a dog in the house and the child used to suck the dog and he began to understand dogs. The house was dug out and the child was got and the Bishop brought him. One day the two was out walking and the dogs began barking. The boy said, "do you hear what the dogs are saying?". The Bishop did not heed him. He said again, "do you hear what the dogs are saying?, that you will be robbed tonight". The Bishop was thinking that the boy could understand the dogs and he got guards to guard him. The robbers came and the guards caught them all.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Once upon a time a man was bringing home turf with his ass and párdógs. A little dog came to him and sat up behind on the ass and told the man he would bring home plenty turf to him. The man went home and told his wife and she was wondered. The man went to the bog again and filled the load for the dog. The dog sat up behind on the ass and went home and the father threw the load. In that way he brought home a fine stack of turf for the man.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin