Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 60
- XML “The Fox and the Cat (1)”
- XML “The Fox and the Cat (2)”
- XML “A Fox Caught Stealing Geese (2)”
- XML “The Fox and the Crab Race”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)that way and he was caught and torn to pieces. "I see" said the cat, "one good trick is better than ten bad ones"Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One day a fox met a cat and they had a conversation about the ways they used to escape from their enemies. The fox said he would run after the cat and if he would catch her he would eat her. Then the cat said "I have only one chance and if I fail I am a lost cat". So the fox gave a sharp look and jumped after the cat. But before the fox could look the cat was above on a big tree looking down. The cat played a trick on the fox that time.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Once there was a fox and he went into a house where there was geese and he killed all of the geese. When he had them all killed he could not get out because it was in the roof he came and there was a window but it was too far up. So the fox thought of a plan. The plan was to gather all the geese and make a lump of them, then he might reach the window. But he heard some noise and he knew it was the farmer, so what did he do but stretch himself on the floor. The farmer came in and saw the fox but thought he was dead. He went in to see the geese and when the fox got him gone the he scampered off.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One day a fox was out walking in a wood and he(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin