Available under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)
- XML School: Eanach Mór
- XML Page 84
- XML “The Irishman, Englishman and Scotchman and the Loaf”
- XML “The Man and the Tapeworm”
- XML “Old Man Knocks Eye Out of Seal”
Note: We will soon deprecate our XML Application Programming Interface and a new, comprehensive JSON API will be made available. Keep an eye on our website for further details.
On this page
- (continued from previous page)asked next & he said he would like to be hung on an oak tree. The I'man was asked then & he said he would like to hang on a gooseberry tree. "Oh but" says the judge "sure there is no gooseberry tree strong enough to hang you". "Well if it please your honour" said Paddy "I will wait till it grows". The other two were hung and he was not.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- One time a man was sick & he could only stand about an hour between his meals. The doctor could not get a bottle to cure him in his own town. So he sent away for it to some bigger town & he got it. The man should be awful hungry before he could give him a dose of it. The doctor was for giving it to him in the morning but he had to go on another call. He was four hours away & the man could not stand without a thing to eat until he would come. He ate thing and he only had it eaten when the doctor came. The doctor had to wait until the food reduced & he gave him three doses. He got rid of the worm & he measured thirty six feet with three mouths for eating the food.Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.
- Mártain Ó Braonáin
- One time a man was walking along the seashore and he seen a seal swimming out from the land. He took(continues on next page)Transcribed by a member of our volunteer transcription project.